The Williamsburg Area Amateur Radio Club holds testing sessions several times a year. Tests are offered for all levels of amateur licenses (Technician, General, and Amateur Extra.)
The following is the upcoming VE testing schedule:
- For the foreseeable future we will offer testing as needed. When you are ready to take an exam, please email email@example.com with your contact information to set up a testing session. Our VE coordinator Kerry NH2A will coordinate having 3 VEs to administer any exam(s) you wish to take.
- Other testing opportunities can be found at http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session.
- A government issued picture ID
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or PREFERABLY your Federal Registration Number (FRN) (Click the link to jump to the FCC web page where you can register for your FRN if you do not have one)
- A copy of your current FCC license if you are already licensed and you will be sitting for an upgrade
- An original and a copy of any CSCE you may have recently received if the upgrade is not reflected on you current license
- Two pencils and a pen (pencils for filling out the answers, a pen for filling out the Form 605) We have provided spare pens in the past but due to COVID we prefer you bring your own.
- A simple calculator (smart phone type devices, including watches and other devices that have memories, will not be permitted)
- $15 examination fee. A check, made payable to ARRL-VEC, is the only form of payment being accepted currently.
- Because of the lingering threat of COVID-19, please also bring a face mask and gloves. We’re sorry that the VE Team cannot provide spare masks and gloves.
After successfully completing an exam candidates may continue upgrading for the same $15 fee at this session only. If a candidate fails an exam, it may be retaken for an additional $15 exam fee. Exams must be taken in the order of license class progression–Technician, General and finally Amateur Extra.