The Williamsburg Area Amateur Radio Club holds testing sessions several times a year. Tests are offered for all levels of amateur licenses (Technician, General, and Amateur Extra.)
The following is the upcoming VE testing schedule:
- There will be a testing session on Saturday, October 24 at 9AM. It will be held at the Watermen’s Museum, 309 Water Street in Yorktown, VA. PLEASE Register for this session! This is a closed session, no walk-ins will be accepted. Email email@example.com to register.
- A government issued picture ID
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or PREFERABLY your Federal Registration Number (FRN) (Click the link to jump to the FCC web page where you can register for your FRN if you do not have one)
- A copy of your current FCC license if you are already licensed and you will be sitting for an upgrade
- An original and a copy of any CSCE you may have recently received if the upgrade is not reflected on you current license
- Two pencils and a pen (pencils for filling out the answers, a pen for filling out the Form 605)
- A simple calculator (smart phone type devices, including watches and other devices that have memories, will not be permitted)
- $15 examination fee. A check, made payable to ARRL-VEC, is the only form of payment accepted for the October 24 testing session.
- Because of the lingering threat of COVID-19 for the October 24 session, please also bring a face mask and gloves. We’re sorry that the VE Team does not have spare masks and gloves. While we have typically provided pencils and pens to those who needed them, we would prefer you make sure to bring your own for this session.
After successfully completing an exam candidates may continue upgrading for the same $15 fee at this session only. If a candidate fails an exam, it may be retaken for an additional $15 exam fee. Exams must be taken in the order of license class progression–Technician, General and finally Amateur Extra.
Below is a map to the Watermen’s Museum: