The Williamsburg Area Amateur Radio Club holds testing sessions several times a year. Tests are offered for all levels of amateur licenses (Technician, General, and Amateur Extra.)
The following is the upcoming VE testing schedule:
- The April Test Sessions have been cancelled due to the current restrictions in place for COVID-19.
- June 20, 9am at the Waterman’s Museum, at 309 Water St, Yorktown, VA 23690. PLEASE Register for this session! This is the last chance to take the Amateur Extra exam using the current question pool.
- A government issued picture ID
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or PREFERABLY your Federal Registration Number (FRN) (Click the link to jump to the FCC web page where you can register for your FRN if you do not have one)
- A copy of your current FCC license if you are already licensed and you will be sitting for an upgrade
- An original and a copy of any CSCE you may have recently received if the upgrade is not reflected on you current license
- Two pencils and a pen (pencils for filling out the answers, a pen for filling out the Form 605)
- A simple calculator (smart phone type devices, including watches and other devices that have memories, will not be permitted)
- $15 examination fee. A check, made payable to ARRL-VEC, is the only form of payment accepted for the June 20 testing session.
- Because of the lingering threat of COVID-19 for the June 20 session, please also bring a face mask and gloves. We’re sorry that the VE Team does not have spare masks and gloves. While we have typically provided pencils and pens to those who needed them, we would prefer you make sure to bring your own for this session.
After successfully completing an exam candidates may continue upgrading for the same $15 fee at this session only. If a candidate fails an exam, it may be retaken for an additional $15 exam fee. Exams must be taken in the order of license class progression–Technician, General and finally Amateur Extra.
Below is a map to the Waterman’s Museum: